Now that the snow has melted and the spring flowers are blooming, the warm weather provides a perfect time to take a good look at the exterior of your home. Check out these 5 things you can do to maintain your home and keep everything spiffy. We’ve included some song titles so you can whistle while you work.
1. Somebody’s Knocking at the Door. Check for rot on all your exterior doors. Over time, weather can damage the frame and the door itself. When it’s time for a replacement, we can match what you have exactly (with a fast turnaround) thanks to the custom door department right here at Southside.
2. Up on the Roof. The high winds and ice from this past winter may have marred your roof. Look for clues like raised or broken shingles or water leaks. If you have branches that have fallen onto your roof, remove them and pay particular attention to that area. If you have a clogged gutter, look closely around that area too. Southside stocks shingles and all roofing supplies.
3. Busy Sidewalks. Cracks begin to show. It happens: cracks in concrete sidewalks and driveways expand and contract with ice and cold weather. You’ll find concrete patching kits at Southside to take care of minor damage spots and keep them from getting worse.
4. This Ol’ House. Woodwork, porches and decking can take a beating from extremes in weather. Look for faded stains, flaking or peeling paint. You’ll find everything you need to fix it at Southside.
5. Looking Through the Windows. If you see broken panes or know that your windows leak or fail to go up and down easily, get new windows! Southside stocks all sorts of windows and supplies for your home.
Weekends and blue skies may woo you outside for a few small jobs this spring. Drop by Southside and find everything you need for big or small maintenance jobs.